Psalms 43-49

Read these chapters with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post, or at http://www.bible.com/.

I really don't like Psalm 44. I'm allowed to not be fond of a Psalm, right? It's no disrespect intended to the author, but I definitely have a different opinion. That happens a lot to me, and I'm sure it does to you, too.

Sometimes, you can't help but be a little angry by what people say. I guess I have to explain myself, so I'll post a few of my unfavored verses:

Psalm 44: 9-12

Yet you have rejected us and abased us,
and have not gone out with our armies.
You made us turn back from the foe,
and our enemies have taken spoil for themselves.
You have made us like sheep for slaughter,
and have scattered us among the nations.
You have sold your people for a trifle,
demanding no high price for them.



Psalm 44:17-19

All this has come upon us,
yet we have not forgotten you,
or been false to your covenant.
Our heart has not turned back,
nor have our steps departed from your way,
yet you have broken us in the haunt of jackals,
and covered us with deep darkness.



Psalm 44:23-26

Rouse yourself! Why do you sleep, O Lord?
Awake, do not cast us off for ever!
Why do you hide your face?
Why do you forget our affliction and oppression?
For we sink down to the dust;
our bodies cling to the ground.
Rise up, come to our help.
Redeem us for the sake of your steadfast love.


I don't know if I'm wrong or not, maybe the author was going through some really tough stuff to be able to be this angry at God. But it still makes ME a little angry to read all of this, like the author thought that everything that happened wasn't their fault, but God's fault?

What are your thoughts on this?

In the end, it doesn't matter what I think, because God is the ultimate judge. Just because I think this has faults definitely doesn't mean I myself don't have faults, I got plenty.

Everyone has their own beliefs, and they might not agree with yours. It's important to base your beliefs off God, and everything should fall into place.

Peace.



Comments

Anonymous said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJo9kE4kTdU

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer