Matthew 10-11

INDESCRIBABLE.

I think sometimes, people refer to Jesus as our father, or His love to the love of our parents. Although it's similar, yes, today's reading showed me that the love of God is much too strong to make a comparison to. You can't just say Jesus is "like" something, because He's not like ANYTHING in the world. He's indescribable.

Later in the Bible Jesus will be asked who He is, and He'll reply "The I am." He is everything good. I loved this excerpt from today's reading:

So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Matthew 10:26-31

It's almost poetry, don't you think? This is just SO comforting to me, that we're loved by a God who loves even the SPARROWS, and who will never ever let us fall.

Today's devotion is pretty short. But I think the wisdom in the above passage just goes to show that there is NEVER a disappointing time in the Bible. There's always something new and comforting from a God that's truly indescribable.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
It always amazes me that God knows how many hairs are on my head, and knew me before I was formed in the womb.
Anonymous said…
Great devotion, Carly. Yes, it is hard to find words sometimes to fully describe Jesus Christ and the depth of his love for us. There is truly nothing like it. It's like comparing the Milky Way to a single lightbulb...God's love compared with ours. - Peter Larson

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer