Mark 8-9

Read these two chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/

I loved today's reading. I know we've read similar stories in Matthew, but there was this one passage that stuck out to me:


The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it." Then he left them, got back into the boat and crossed to the other side.

Mark 8:11-13

Why do we question Jesus? I think this passage is so important, because I know we've all searched for a "sign" from heaven in everything we do. We're unsure. We doubt God. At least I do, right? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Anyway, in today's reading, the Pharisees were looking for a sign from God. And there, RIGHT in front of them, was His only SON! I feel like we can learn a lot from their mistake.

Don't ask for another sign from God when you're unsure. There's always one right in front of you! There's all sorts of evidence, everywhere we look, of God's existence.

So don't try and further prove anything! Just have faith, because like Jesus said, it is by faith that we are saved!

Lemme know if you have any comments/questions. Peace out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer