John 1-2

First two chapters of the book of John! Read them now, folks. You can read 'em with the BIBLE READER widget to the right of this post or at www.biblegateway.com.

THE CALLING OF THE DISCIPLES

If you've been reading my devotions daily, or even frequently, you've hopefully come to understand that WE are God's disciples and WE are the ones that God is calling to do His work, just like the 12 disciples did hundreds of years ago.

In today's reading, John explained how some of the disciples became Jesus' disciples, and they all have unique stories, that are special to them.

And, if we're disciples... what's our special story? Some people grew up in the Christian faith, and some have stories that lead to their faith. What's your story? What happened that led you to a faith in Jesus Christ?

I was raised going to church and praying before meals... celebrating Jesus' birthday and resurrection. However, the one time where I truly felt the power of Christ was one summer at church camp. I went into the camp with one attitude and one personality, and left a completely changed person.

This process of making devotions for you all has also strengthened my faith, as I'm learning more about what God is calling me to do.

Hopefully we've all felt loved or called by Jesus, and can have a special story to share. But for those who don't have a story yet-- you've gotta start somewhere, right? Pleaseeee talk to me if you need a little help getting where you want to be.

I can't promise that being a Christian is going to be easy. It's not. But I CAN promise that you'll be a different person. You'll see things through different eyes. You'll have a different heart.

And eventually, you will see your calling from God, just like the disciples.

I encourage all of you to think about your calling, and your unique story that's ONLY YOURS.

Celebrate that story and the love you're entitled to!

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
I am back Carly. I missed reading along with you. I, too, was raised going to church, but remember my first "calling." I felt I needed to express my belief in Christ, and went forward in church to make it public. All through life I see where people make a difference in being a follower. I pray I can be a beacon at times to help others find the light.
Carly said…
WHAT A GREAT GOAL TO HAVE! Thanks for sharing, Granny. I'm glad you're back and hope you had fun on your vacation :)

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer