Luke 11-12

HOW ARE YOU LOOKING AT THINGS?

The Bible stresses not only doing the right thing-- but THINKING the right thoughts. Sure, no one can understand your thoughts but you-- so should it matter whether or not I'm thinking "right?"

Well, I guess I have to rephrase myself. We have to be thinking for God, because we're not the only ones that can hear our thoughts. God knows our dreams, our intentions, our crushes, our secrets-- which I guess can be a burden if you're having a hard time thinking clean thoughts.

"...Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you."

Luke 11:34-36

But what about tough stuff? God knows how you feel, even when it's indescribable.

God rewards those who try to live and think for Him, too. I love this excerpt from today's reading:

So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Luke 11:9-10

God answers our prayers. He rewards those who follow Him, not only in actions, but how we think. How do you view life? Your friends? Your enemies? Your parents, your situations, your grades, your EVERYTHING? How do you view people?

Hopefully not like this:

Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them..."

Luke 11:46

It's not right to judge people. I know that's totally cliche, and you hear it everyday. But even if someone MURDERED someone, you shouldn't look down upon them any worse than someone who is stealing a pack of gum. We all are NOT perfect, and the sooner we realize that, the better.
If we take control of how we act and think, and take responsibility for ONLY THAT, and maybe even take help out the ones who we judge all the time, the world would be one step closer to how God wants it.

Peace.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks so much Carly for doing this. It's really inspiring to see someone my age talking about these things instead of my preacher using big kid words. I can better understand the Word coming from a teenager!!
Carly said…
I try my hardest not to use "big kid words." Hahahahaha. I laughed out loud. This is the initial purpose for my blog though-- teaching people how a big long book of verses can (and eventually will) change our entire existence!!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer