Matthew 7-9

Read these chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.





THE NARROW PATH OF LOVE.

Again, there were tons of great points in today's reading. I can't just decide on one lesson Jesus is teaching us, so I fused a couple of them into one awesome devotion.

I feel like society pressures us sometimes... to walk down a certain path. A path that leads to lots of fame and MONEY, no matter how ugly the path itself may be. I chose to think differently about my future, in the sense that money isn't everything. I guess we need enough money to get by, but I want my life to be based around what GOOD I do for God instead of what crappy job I do for money. I want to dedicate my life to something worthwhile, and not just so I can earn enough money to buy my kids a new Xbox.

In today's reading, God was talking about paths, and how some lead to "good" and how some lead to what society views as weird or unnecessary. Believe it or not, what people view unnecessary is very vital in God's eyes.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 7:13-14


I can tell that you're probably like, "Great, Carly. Travel on the road that's hard and perilous, so we'll have something great at the end. I get it. Whatever. What does it MEAN, though?"

I think God is trying to tell us that His way is DIFFERENT that ours. The world has its own way of being stupid and looking towards nothing but money. But God is trying to convince us that His road, (although harder than the ways of the world,) is worth it.

We're supposed to live DIFFERENT. Go out to the weirdos or the sinners and LOVE like God does! Don't give into the ways of sin in the world! Be a light! Go out and make a difference. We have to live differently than others, and reach out to those that never get reached out to.

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Matthew 9:10-13

Peace be with ya.

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/rosepetals.jpg/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer