Day Thirty-Three

Day Thirty-Three -- February 2nd -- Leviticus 16-18

Read these chapters at www.bible.com or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post. It's only a few chapters!

Alrighty, so let's get this bad boy started. Guess what I just found out? There are 5 whole chapters of rules and regulations, like today's reading. I almost cried. It's sooooo much reading, and it's pretty boring. However, I don't doubt that everything was put into the Bible for a good reason, so I'll just swallow my pride and keep on reading.

We've already done half of the 5 chapters, so we're almost there. I think it's very possible. Heck, with God, anything is possible.

So, what could the message possibly be for today's reading, you ask? How does all these rules that don't even apply to today's world help me at all?

What did today's reading start out with? Let's start there. It started with God telling Moses what Aaron was supposed to do with sacrifices.

I thought this was interesting, considering all the other rules had to do with what theIsraelites as a whole had to do. But, in chapter 16, it specifically called out Aaron, and what he had to do.

So, that brings up a very good point, in my opinion. Everyone knows the little verse in Genesis, when God created the earth. "God created man in his own image..." (that one.)

God cares for all the people in the world. We all know that. No matter what race, or gender, or age. He loves us all. He made us all. But, something that I find even more amazing is that not only does he love his people as a whole, he loves us all individually, too.

Kind of like when a person says "I love my family." Then, they go and say, "I love my mom, and my dad, and my sister, and my brother..." it's pretty similar to that. God has a plan for each and every person in the world. He loves everyone. No matter what.

You might not know what God's plan is, or why he loves you, but there's one thing that every human can count on. That, no matter what you've done in life that you regret, if you turn to Jesus, he'll love you unconditionally. He's just waiting for you to take the first step, and for you to tell him you are a sinner, and that you desperately and seriously are in need of him.

I can't keep many promises. My friends and family can attest for this. However, there's one thing I can always tell to people, and they know I'm not lying.

God loves people. Not only does he love people, but he loves YOU.

Take that into consideration today. God's waiting, like I said, for you to take the initiative and confess to him. He'll take you in no matter what...

And that's a promise I can keep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer