February 23rd -- Deuteronomy 5-8

Read these chapters with the BIBLE READER widget to the left of this post, or at www.bible.com. You can also, of course, read it with the real, live Bible!

Let's get this devotional started, shall we? Today's reading had some really cool verses about God never leaving you, and pretty much laid out what we're supposed to do as Christians. Although some feel the rules were silly to add... I think they were really beneficial to the Israelites, and most of them can still apply to us. It's almost like a manual for our lives.

My favorite verse here is this:

Deuteronomy 6:5

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength.


Why is that so hard, people? I forget all the time that I should be nice to someone, and honor God in all I do. We get distracted, and we miss out on what's really and truly the message behind Christianity, to tell everyone about Jesus, and His love for them. It's really a shame.

God specifically laid out this law for us, and He kept repeating over and over throughout today's readings how important it is to follow His commandments. I won't lie, I slip up on His commandments ALL THE TIME. I'm pretty sure everyone does, right? And when we finally realize it, we feel bad that we forgot. Stupid us.

Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, and embarrassed that we didn't obey God, how about we just quit being mean in the first place? Or, how about we treat others with respect, and tell people about Jesus every chance we get. It's said right in the Bible, that we are to understand his commandment, and obey it accordingly. We are to love the Lord with all our hearts! With all our minds, we should obey him. And with all our strength, we should tell others.

Think about that today, and tomorrow, and forever. I know I need to! Go in Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer