February 28th -- Deuteronomy 24-27

If your Bible isn't near you, you can always read these chapters at www.bible.com or with the BIBLE READER widget to the left of this post!

Today's reading is the same it's been for a while-- just more rules that the Israelites were to abide by. But, instead of talking about those rules today, I thought we'd do something different. Today is going to be my random rant on how AWESOME our God is! That okay with you?

Well, I hope so. 'Cause here I go.

First off, there's the Bible. It has 66 whole books all about God and his love, and you know what? It's pretty amazing. It's one of the longest recorded books in history, and for good reasons. It contains our history, and our faith. It's entirely full of scriptures that can help us in almost anything... from dealing with loss, to dealing with non-believers, to just about everything. It is, like I said, amazing.

Another thing I'm thankful for is, of course, Jesus. I might song like a fool naming all these things I love about Christianity, but it is my blog. Therefore, I can rant about whatever I please.

But back to Jesus. Have any of you ever said "Oh, I'd die for that iPod," or "I'd kill for that new car."? Jesus LITERALLY died for something.

You.

And me, and everyone! He died for sinners, and liars, and cheaters, and prostitutes, and murderers, and EVERYONE.

His love-- it's completely and utterly unchanging. He loves everyone, no matter how you look, or how much money you have, or how good of a person you are. Even those wack-jobs that believe the universe was created by a super-nova explosion... God loves them, too.

Except, God created the universe. He created the entire planet, and he knows everything about it. He knows everything about you, too. He knows every failure I failed, every sin I've done, every mean and hateful thought that I've thought. And he loves me anyway.

Another amazing thing about Christianity is that it's ALIVE. So many other religions believe in a "god" that's been around for wayyyyyy too long with no proof it's even real. But even though Jesus died for our sins... He rose from the dead and is still alive in each and every one of us. I think His resurrection is a metaphor for Christianity, which is why Easter is so important. Jesus is the part inside of us. Even though He got brutally murdered, He rose again. So should our faith, right?

There will be things everyday that will constantly break us apart, over and over. There's not a super-prayer out there that can swipe away all the badness in the world. But just like Jesus rose from the dead, our faith has to keep living. We have to spread all this love we've been given to anyone, and everyone. Jesus didn't die just for you and I. Spread the love to everyone, no matter how mean or nice, and especially the ones who aren't in a religion.

Sometimes, people question why I do things. Why did I give up something for lent? Why am I blogging every day? Why do I go to church?

(If you have no answer to these questions, please, read today's post over again.)

We have so much to be thankful for, and some of it we aren't even aware of. So why should we care what people think? Go out and tell the world about Jesus. People might criticize you, and they might make fun of you.

But who cares. God loves you, and he always will. That's a pretty good thing to have under your belt.

Go in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer