February 27th -- Deuteronomy 20-23

Read these chapters at www.bible.com if your Bible isn't handy. Simply click on the link, and roll your mouse over the bar that says "Bible Resources." (It's on the left-hand side of the screen.) Then, click "Read the Bible" towards the bottom of the list. Or, you can read the Bible with the BIBLE READER widget to the left of this post, right here at www.devotionsbycarly.blogspot.com.

Let's get this thing started, shall we? How many of you out there thought today's reading was a bit disturbing?!?! I did, for sure. It kept talking about putting people to death because of things that don't seem so bad today. It makes God seem merciless and cruel, but the fact of the matter is that God says and does everything for a reason.

Granted, most of the laws he states don't apply today, so you can all take a sigh of relief! But, there are still some important laws hidden inside all the other ones, The Ten Commandments being some key ones.

I'm not a big Bible scholar, so don't take my word for declaring which rules are right, and which ones are wrong. Most of the rules are just cleanliness rules, anyhow, which I've been told by a pastor at my Church. But, regardless, there are still some weird ones that I'm confused about, how about you?

What I'm TRYING to get to here is that we shouldn't be afraid to talk about the Bible, whether we're just wondering something, or whether something really confuses or disturbs us. Go and ask a preacher, or a pastor, or someone who's been working with the Bible for some time.

Unfortunately, I don't know everything about the bible, (shocker, I know,) but I thought that this might be a good lesson for today. Don't assume anything without talking to other people about it. I've heard so many people explain their thoughts to me, that assumed they were right, but I know from a pastor that they're lacking the facts.

Pastors aren't perfect either, but if you're ever wondering anything, or confused about how to think a certain way, talk to someone who can help. You can email me, if you want, at carlygaile@yahoo.com, or you can talk to someone else.

Keep in mind who you should and shouldn't trust, though. You can never go wrong with a preacher! I'm always here, too.

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer