February 6th

February 6th -- Leviticus 26-27

Read these few chapters to end the book of Leviticus! You can read them with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post, or you can go to www.bible.com to read them.

Today is the last of Leviticus, (I know, you're all terribly sad.) But, today, I felt a major milestone has been brought to my attention. Today, God has set out his rules for his people, and I think we should really pay attention.

Why today? Why is today so important to listen to him about his laws? Aren't there soooo many already? Well, I suggest you read today's readings. They're pretty harsh, if you ask me. Some people might be a little confused when they first read some of it, because it was pretty mean of God to threaten his people like he did. He was all "If you don't worship me I will turn my back on you," and blah blah blah.

That doesn't sound very God-like, right?

Wrong. Now, this is just an opinion... but I think that God wasn't trying to be harsh at all. Stern, yes, but never harsh. He didn't want to scare people into believing him, he was scaring people into what happens if they don't believe in him. He isn't a forceful God, he lets everyone make their own choices.

But, if you read the chapters, you'd understand. God wasn't trying to be forceful, he was actually being pretty helpful, in my opinion. He was laying down the laws, and telling you all the benefits you could have if you followed him. Then, he explained the consequences if you didn't.

So, yeah. He was a little stern, and some might say harsh. But if you're one of those people who are "in the middle" about your faith... then what a great day to realize what's important. God is literally laying out a list of rules and incentives to being a Christian. He's basically writing "Being a Christian For Dummies," and telling everyone what they must do. What they should do, anyhow.

I might be going out on a shaky limb here, but I personally believe that everyone is faced with that choice of believing in their lifetime... and if you want your soul to live forever, then choose Jesus. There are many religions out there, all with certain "benefits." I could choose to be whatever religion I want... I live in a free country!

But, I choose Jesus. He's the only one that I feel safe with, and there aren't many uncertainties. If there were any, however, He could help me through them.

Yes, I'm a Jesus freak. And guess what?

I'm proud of it.

What about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer