February 16th -- Numbers 22-24

I'm going to get a little deeper than usual into these four chapters, so be sure to read over them at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post. It'll only take a few minutes.

So, if I could describe today's reading in one word, I'd say this: Nursery Rhyme.

There was a talking donkey! And, God spoke through people! It was pretty fantasy-ish, I think. But the funny thing is, it actually happened. I don't doubt anything in the Bible, because it's literally the living TRUTH. If you don't believe that, then you'll probably think everything I say is bologna. But the truth is... I don't mind being called a freak. As long as I'm a Jesus Freak!

So, instead of pointing out weird looking things in the Bible, I'm going to get a little deeper into The Word. I've been thinking lately about people, and how others judge people for how they look, or how they dress. I don't want to point out the obvious, but I guess I have to. Judging people is wrong. I'm NOT saying that I don't judge people, because I do it all the time. I try not to, and sometimes, I don't even realize I'm judging people.

But in reality, I do. And you probably do, too.

One of the messages from a sermon I heard was "The Messiah Sees More." How true is that? That doesn't just mean that He sees things in different colors like a heat map or something. "The Messiah Sees More" means that Jesus and God, the Messiah, sees past what we look like, or how we dress, or how we do our hair everyday. He sees past all the outside wrinkles and flabs and goes straight to our heart -- on the inside. He sees more than we can see. Get it?

He looks on the inside. He could care less about outside features, our eyes, our face, our hair, our teeth, our pimples. He looks inside, at the heart. I wish we could do that, as humans. I wish we could just look on the inside!

In today's readings, God lived inside of people, in ways you can see, and hear. Like when he spoke to Balaam through the donkey! Or, when he spoke to Balak through Balaam. God was living inside them, and it was a fantastical miracle, that might even seemed weird to you.

But back to the point. God uses people, like you and me, to speak His word. He can be drastic and literally take over your body, and speak in tongues. But He can also be a little more subtle, and give your urges to talk to someone about Jesus and His love.

You might have had the slightest feeling in the pit of your chest to go talk to an outsider, or someone who no one really pays attention to. Once you get that urge, you probably shake it off your shoulder and think about something else. I know I do, sometimes. Don't do that! Just because that person isn't the nicest, or the prettiest, or the most popular in the world, doesn't mean they don't need Jesus. Actually, if their life is pretty rough then they probably NEED Jesus!

So don't judge someone because of what they look like. Love everyone, regardless of what they are on the outside. Unless you sleep with a perfect wardrobe and your hair done all fancy, I'm sure there have been times that you don't look or act your best. But guess what?

Even when you look like crap, and you're acting like a selfish little brat... God loves you. The Messiah Sees More than the outside. He loves you, and wants to have a relationship with you. He lives inside of you, if you believe in Him, and ask Him into your heart and soul.

But all those people who have it bad, and might not look the best STILL NEED THE MESSIAH. God still loves them more than words can say -- and maybe they don't know that yet!

Jesus is the best thing in my life. If I could, I'd love to tell the entire universe about Him, and His love for each and every being. But I can't tell everyone by myself! I need you, and God needs YOU to spread the word, to the wealthy, the unfortunate, and everyone in between.

Be a missionary to everyone. Look past imperfections, and flaws. You're not perfect, or flawless. But you know of God's love, and they don't.

GO! Be a believer! Be a fisher of men. It's in the Bible!

Peace and Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer