1st Chronicles 1-2

It isn't as important to read the daily chapters today. It's just a bunch of names. Buttttttttt... if you feel compelled to read them, please do. You can read them with your very own Bible, at www.bible.com or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post.

So basically, just a bunch of names. When I found that we were starting Chronicles today, I thought it would be like The Chronicles of Narnia or something, filled with action and romance and overcoming of fear.

Instead, it was a list of names.

I guess everything was put in the Bible for a reason, mostly so big scientific people can trace back the beginning of time or something.

I think I've already talked about this a few months back, but seeing as you probably don't remember, I'll talk about it again today :) It's an important lesson to learn, in my opinion, so if you remember me talking about this, bear with me. I guess it's just a refresher.

Throughout the reading of names today, some were just listed as "son of ____" or "maid of ____" but others had bad things listed next to them, such as "was wicked in the Lord's sight." Other people had "leader of Judah" next to their name.

My question for today is this:

What will YOU be remembered for?

Maybe you're pretty young while reading this, or maybe you want to hurry up and be remembered... but regardless of the age-- have you ever asked yourself that?

Now, I'm not telling people to hurry and try and make something of themselves. I'm not trying to tell everyone they need to try and impress someone, either.

But when you die someday, will you have something next to your name like "child of God"? Because if you do, then your spirit will never die. I know, I know. This is pretty deep stuff. But the reality of today's world is that you either believe, or don't believe.

If you do, there's no doubt that you'll be remembered by the only one that matters, the one who created you. (GOD!!)

Keep that in mind, and tell some people. Spread the news. You can share this on Facebook or Twitter with the "Share It" sidebar to the left of this post.

Peace be with you.

Comments

Granny said…
I have no idea what I will be remembered for, or what will be by my name when I go....I just want to be with God.
Carly said…
Exxxxxactly. It's not that important to worry about what you'll be remembered for, but I promise you, Granny, people will remember you for your heart and what you do with it.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer