1st Chronicles 10-12



MIGHTY MEN TOP TEN

Please the three chapters at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post. It isn't just a long list of names today, so I'd recommend reading just so you can get a feel for it again.


Okay, so what was up with repeating stuff? I mean, unless I read wrong, today was a bunch of stuff we've already read, right? Stuff about David, and Saul... didn't we already read that? Do I have to write about it all AGAIN?! Haha. Just kidding.

But if you were wondering this when you read, then yes, you were right. We did read about David and Saul before... pretty recently. But this is a different version. It's just like the four gospels, Matthew Mark, Luke and John. It's the same stuff, Jesus being born, His miracles, His death. His Resurrection.


Each book, though, has a little different perspective, and we'll get into those books later on. Now, we'll focus on David and Saul and a few little things that were mentioned in today's reading that weren't in previous ones.


Can you spot any differences? Ten brownie points to whoever guesses right.


To be completely honest, (and I KNOW this is going to sound pretty horrible,) I forget some of the major parts of the reading a few months ago! And I'M the one doing the devotion-ing! The Bible's a big book, though. I didn't expect to remember all of it, I guess.


I don't want to offend any books of the Bible, or hurt their feelings, but I find the New Testament a little more interesting. That's what we as Christians believe, all the stuff about Jesus and how He gave His life for our sins.


The Old Testament is still important, too. So I'll try my best to remember it and do my best to talk about it correctly :)


A thing I noticed was it listed was the-- what-- 30? David had about thirty "Mighty Men," as they're called in the Bible. These guys were his top fighters, his top chiefs. It got me thinking about modern day people, and all these "Top Ten" lists we see in fashion magazines, or sports channels, or pretty much anywhere. There's always a top brand of clothing, or a top newspaper, or a top song on iTunes.


Wouldn't that be cool if WE could be GOD'S "Might Men Top Ten?" It wouldn't be a competition or anything, but if we try and constantly are aware that God is the guy who gets to choose the top ten... wouldn't that be helpful?


I guess it sounds stupid, now that I wrote all of it down. But when I was reading about David's Mighty Men, it was kind of like... assuring. To know that if WE try and if WE repent for our mistakes... we could be God's "top chiefs" or something.


Does that make sense? Try all that YOU can do, and work as hard as you can to not only be a better Christian but to have a better relationship with Jesus. Then, when He needs someone to help him out, we'll be at the top of the list :) We'll be His top chiefs to the world.


Think about that today. Know that God loves you no matter what, but He'd be all the more thrilled to call you one of his Mighty Men!


Go in Peace, amigos.


ALSO PLEASE NOTE:

There's a search bar located to the left of this post. There, you can search for things you might be struggling with, or were wondering about. If the don't answer your questions, feel free to email me at carlygaile@yahoo.com.

You may also leave a comment! See where it says "1 Comment" or "0 Comments" below this very post?? If you click it, you'll be brought to a page. I promise to answer to any questions to the best of my abilities.

You don't have to have an account with blogger if you select the "anonymous" profile. Alright, that's all I have to say. Peace out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer