1st Chronicles 7-9

Gimme a break. Remember when that was the slogan for Kit Kat? It had a catchy tune to it, too. Good stuff.

Oddly enough, that's what the devotion if about today. It's funny, too... because until now, I've been putting my devotions out there for everyone to see, thinking that it might change some one's life or something.

In order to do that, I need to take my own darn advice and listen to what I'm putting out there for people! I don't take any of what I've said over the last few months back. I just really need to listen to it myself! I need to "take a break" and let all I've said sink in.

For instance: I keep telling people that "revenge is never the answer!" and just TODAY, even, I was all revenge full on my sister when she took my tee-shirt without asking. A TEE-SHIRT!

I think what we all need to realize is that no matter how many devotions I write, or how many times we read them... there's nothing that they'll accomplish unless we bring God into it all. It's almost as if I'm preaching to you myself, and I'm sure as heck NOT the one who you should be listening to.

I've been told over and over that "life is a process." In other words, I'm not all the sudden going to wake up a better person in one night. Life is a process, and nothing will be fixed in one devotion. I can't write a devotion about something in my life and expect it to be fixed when the devotion is over.

I think that's what I've been doing lately. And then, when I do back to write the next day's devotion... I realize that "HEY! Didn't I just tell a bunch of people to keep Jesus the top priority in their life? Why am I worried about THIS?"

But we all need just give each other a break every once in a while, and tell ourselves WE ARE SINNERS. NO DEVOTION OUT THERE WILL EVER FIX OUR LIFE IN ONE DAY.

Only God can do that, and that's why we need to cling to HIM in order to better ourselves. I guess today's "devotion" is poorly promoting the process, but I want everyone to know that just by reading what I write and agreeing to what I say won't fix any problems unless you bring God into all of it.

Stop relying on yourself to fix your "problems." Even the best people in the world sin, and although it's far from "okay" to sin... we all do. If we stress on every little problem that arises, there's no way of getting over it.

At the end of the day, Christianity isn't just about following the rules. It's not about going to church every Sunday, or posting Scripture verses on Facebook. It's not about tithing, or refraining from sin, or living the perfect life.

It's about your relationship with Jesus Christ. He literally DIED for every single person alive right now, who has passed away, or who is yet to be born. And there WAS a reason for his brutal death. It wasn't just to show people He's the son of God. It was our sacrifice, our lamb, for all that we've done wrong in our lives. He KNEW that we would make mistakes. He KNEW that we will continue to make mistakes forever and ever.

But that's why He died. We are forgiven. We don't have to worry about taking all of my so-called "devotions" or even listening to me at all. I am, after all, a sinner, just like you.

Cling to what makes you a Christian. If you're not a Christian, you really should, because you're missing out. Life could be SO much easier if we just took a break from all the stress and hectics we call "life" and depend on God.

Our real LIFE is in Jesus, who died for us. He will continue to be there for us, time and time again. Don't stress about the mistakes you've made. Admit to Jesus you're a sinner, and that you NEED Him, (because you do,) and give Him your burdens.

1 Peter 5.7:

Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

Sooooo simple. But so true. If you have to rely on any Christian text-- I'd recommend this great thing called the Bible. It, (unlike my devotions,) can definitely lead you in the right direction, without any flaws. It is perfect, even when we aren't.

Remember that, and remember the next time you're stressed or busy or without hope that there IS a God that cares for you, and He always will.

Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer