2nd Samuel 23-24


WHAT WILL YOU BE REMEMBERED FOR?

There's an easy reading today, folks. Only two chapters, shouldn't take long.

Hmmm. What a sticky question. I could think of about 1,000 things I WANT to be remembered for. And the funny thing is, the answer to this question is different for practically everyone in the world.

You might be thinking, "what's this have to do with ANYTHING, Carly?" But if you read today's reading, you might get it a little better. (If you haven't, read now at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post!)

Basically, David was explaining some of his important soldiers, and what they did. He named who they were, what they did, who they killed, how they killed him... blah blah blah. It's not like any of this wasn't interesting, because it was pretty fascinating.

My POINT is, if someone wrote a book (similar to the Bible,) and they had to summarize your life and what you've accomplished, what would be mentioned? And when David needed help to make a sacrifice, will you be like the guy who provided animals to be killed? Being a Christian isn't easy, like I said.

Few people might have an exact idea that pops into mind when they're aksed this big question. They know what they'd be remembered for.

But for the majority... we are a little fuzzy when it comes to making a summary of our lives. At least when I think about this, I have no idea what to say. What will be said about me when I'm gone? Did I at least leave a little mark on the world?

Yeah, this isn't the happiest devotion I've done. But I think it's important to try and think of what I want people to remember me by, and how I can make that possible. I think being a dedicated Christian is a pretty hearty goal to have, right? That would be one heck of a title.

So, how do we achieve that?

I think it's pretty simple. You tell people, and live for Jesus. By telling the world about God and his everlasting love for everyone... you get the message out. Another way to get out the message is by simply living for Him. People see your actions, they learn from you, then soon they learn what it means to be a Christian.

One day, when I'm sitting up in heaven, I sure hope people don't think of me as just "the writer" or "the boss" or "that girl in my math class." I want to be remembered for the only thing that will matter when I die-- my faith. Don't you?

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. It all depends what level you're on... or when you want to achieve your goals. But you can always start small, by going to church, or reading my devotions. Then, work your way to telling people.

Whatever you chose to be remembered by, you should start right about... now. No matter how old, or how young you are. There's a God that loves you and will help you through it, and I'm sure if you focus your goals on what HE wants, he'll be really pleased with the ministries you're doing.

So... what are you waiting for? Our time down here is short. Achieve your goals!

Be remembered. Peace.



Comments

Granny said…
I want to be remembered in a good way, maybe if I have helped others at some time or another, just made a "difference!"
Granny said…
Grandma C just wants to be rememered as the grandmother who had the greatest grandkids in the land!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer