1st Kings 10-12

Read now at www.bible.com or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post!

First off, thank you so much to Keely for stepping up to the plate. I've learned how to manage time and how to fit this devotion into my life, but the first couple time it really wasn't as easy as it looked. Kudos to Keely for finding the time and ambition to write such a great devotion, Amen?

Thanks again, Keely. I know you didn't really want people to know your name, but it's simply a way to recognize you. No phone number or address attached :)

Let's get this devotional thingy started! First off, I'll admit, today's story was a little dry. But now that I was thinking about what to talk about for today, I kind of started to think the opposite. I went to a retreat yesterday about telling your story to people, and to listen to other people and their stories. So, yeah... this story in today's reading might not pertain to me as I hoped, but I'm sure many can relate to at least a part of it.

I found a connection to this story, actually. Once you open up your heart to one's story, the message becomes more clear. If you're willing to listen, and not judge. So anyway, in the first section of today's reading it said that this lady was amazed at how wise Solomon had become, and she had to see it for herself to believe it. Queen Sheba was her name, if that matters to anyone.

Often times, we don't get the same situation happen to us, where we can show off our Christianity to people who want to listen. Although it happens sometimes, I think that there are very seldom times where someone says "Hey, I know you're a Christian. Tell me about that. Give me reasons to believe."

That's what Queen Sheba said to Solomon, and he was able to convince her that there was a God, and she became a believer, (I hope!)

I think that's what we need to do these days. No, someone probably won't be as interested as Queen Sheba is, but any little chance you get to share your story, and your relationship with God, is a good time to make others aware of His love for every single person.

Got it? Email with questions, or comments, or whatever that may be. Have a great week!

Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
You are doing a great job of telling the story! Keep it up. If more of us do it, then maybe we can "overcome" today's world problems and sin. Stick to your committment! Stay true to yourself. We CAN make a difference.
Unknown said…
Amen to that!!! If we come together we can do anything we set our minds to!
Carly said…
Hey thanks everyone :) I totally agree about changing the world, that's why I did the blog! Pass it on, haha!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer