2nd Samuel 20-22

Today's reading is pretty easy, so read now if you haven't already. You can read now at www.bible.com or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post!

Sometimes, it's hard to find "proof" that there's a God. That's what faith is, though... so you have to be able to believe in Jesus no matter what you see or don't see, which can be hard. I'm not going to lie-- being a Christian is NOT easy! It's actually really tough most times.

But in today's reading, there's this great story. (Not like there normally aren't great stories in the Bible) :~) David was in distress, which tells us that sometimes following God doesn't automatically guarantee that you'll have an easier life. (It definitely guarantees an easier eternity, though!)

Anyway, David was having a hard time trying to be a good King, there were so many other people and nations that got in his way. But he did something that changed his outcome, something we can do whenever we want, and it can help us in tough situations.

STAY TRUE TO GOD.

I know, I know. I've said it at least a thousand times! "Stay true to God," "Live for Jesus." You're probably bored with it. But when David asked GOD what to do, and stayed to true to HIM... the outcome became much different, and God helped him through everything. Not only can he see the results, we can READ exactly what David said, in a huge poem thing (a song) he wrote to God in thanks. It has the same message I've been stressing for forever, because it's so important.

2nd Samuel 22:

4 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.


How much more clear can it get, right? If you follow God, no matter how big the dilemma is, you will be helped. He can do EVERYTHING. He created the EARTH for heaven's sake! All you have to do is follow God's commands. Follow the 10 commandments, love others, love God. Everything understood? I hope so. Email me with any questions, carlygaile@yahoo.com.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
I look at the ten commandments as a measuring stick, a guide, to try to keep. As sinners, we sometimes fall short, but if we try to keep them, we can't go wrong in God's eyes!
Carly said…
I agree. Sometimes, we do fall short. It's easy to do! But that's why we repent.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer